COVID 19 has change the world and the way we all operate, and that also means how NSA will conduct the Annual Conference. We are working on what our COVID Protocols will be. We are far enough out for the conference that our Protocol details are still evolving based on the conditions in the world and in Phoenix. We will be updating this page with details as they become final.
The link to information on the COIVID protocols for both of our hotels are below:
- Sheraton Phoenix Downtown
- Hyatt Regency Phoenix
Testing, Screening and Contact Tracing
We are still working on what this will look like. We will determine our final plans about 30 days out from the conference.
Code of Conduct
NSA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all meeting participants, exhibitors and staff. All participants including but not limited to attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, staff, and service providers, are expected to abide by the NSA Code of Conduct, and this code applies to all NSA meeting related events including virtual meetings and those sponsored by organizations other than NSA but held in conjunction with NSA events, either in public or private facilities.
- Treat others with respect, inclusivity, and consideration, recognizing that this event is a place for diversity of thought, organization, and individuals.
- Communicate openly with respect for others, avoiding personal attacks.
- Wear your event badge at all times.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and others. Alert event staff if you notice any discriminatory, harassing, aggressive, or exclusionary behavior or speech as soon as possible.
- Respect the rules and policies of the meeting venue, hotel, NSA contracted facility, or any other associated venue or site.
- Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form is not tolerated.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, staff, service provider, or other meeting guest will not be tolerated.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include but are not limited to: verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, and national origin; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations; and, threatening or stalking any type of meeting guest.
- Disruption of sessions, in the exhibit hall or at other events organized by NSA at the meeting venue, hotel, NSA contracted facility, or other associated venue or site, is not allowed.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior by a NSA staff member is expected to comply immediately. NSA will not tolerate such behavior and reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary and appropriate in its sole discretion, including expulsion from the event without warning or refund, exclusion from future events, and other consequences set forth in the NSA Code of Ethics and Disciplinary Policy.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please contact any member of the NSA staff. On-site team members wear NSA Staff badges, or you may also contact email@example.com, if you are on-site or attending virtually.
Please note NSA reserves the right to modify or revise this policy at any time with or without notice. In the event of an emergency, please contact local authorities immediately.
Conduct Requirements During COVID-19
During these challenging times, NSA is committed to continuing to provide a safe and healthy environment for all event participants and staff. Towards this end, in addition to our code of conduct, all participants are expected to adhere to and abide by the safety precautions NSA has implemented to protect against the spread of COVID-19 such as social distancing, mask wearing, personal hygiene and hand sanitization, adherence to pathway signage, on-site health screening, self-monitoring and self-reporting. These precautions are outlined in further detail in our registration email to participants. As with our Code of Conduct, refusal to adhere to these policies and abide by these precautions may result in immediate removal from a NSA event and cancellation of the registration, without receiving a refund.
If you have any additional questions, contact Julie Ann Schmidt our Annual Conference Show Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.