NSA CONFERENCE CODE OF CONDUCT
NSA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all meeting participants, exhibitors, and staff. All participants including but not limited to attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, staff, and service providers, are expected to abide by the NSA Code of Conduct, and this Code applies to all NSA meeting-related events including virtual meetings and events sponsored by organizations other than NSA but held in conjunction with NSA events, either in public or private facilities.
- Treat others with respect, inclusivity, and consideration, recognizing that this event is a place for diversity of thought, organization, and individuals.
- Communicate openly with respect for others, avoiding personal attacks.
- Wear your event badge at all times.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and others. Alert event staff if you notice any discriminatory, harassing, aggressive, or exclusionary behavior or speech as soon as possible.
- Respect the rules and policies of the meeting venue, hotel, NSA contracted facility, or any other associated venue or site.
- Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form is not tolerated.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, staff, service provider, or other meeting guest will not be tolerated.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include but are not limited to: verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, and national origin; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations; and, threatening or stalking any type of meeting guest.
- Disruption of sessions, in the exhibit hall or at other events organized by NSA at the meeting venue, hotel, NSA contracted facility, or other associated venue or site, is not allowed.
In addition, participants must adhere to the following rules:
- The recoding or sharing of any meeting or related event (including education sessions, presentations, demos, etc..) by any party, other than an NSA Staff member or approved NSA vendor, in any format is strictly prohibited.
- Presentations should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. NSA reserves the right to ban sources of these solicitations.
- Any direct selling of products/services offered by speakers or consultants in any NSA-sponsored spaces is prohibited.
- No video, audio or pictures can be used without the individual’s permission.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior by a NSA staff member is expected to comply immediately. NSA will not tolerate such behavior and reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary and appropriate in its sole discretion, including expulsion from the event without warning or refund, exclusion from future events, and other consequences set forth in the NSA Code of Ethics and Disciplinary Policy.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please contact any member of the NSA staff. On-site team members wear NSA Staff badges, or you may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are on-site.
Please note NSA reserves the right to modify or revise this policy at any time with or without notice. In the event of an emergency, please contact local authorities immediately.